Another WCCC Give Away Car / Need suggestions!

Just checkin’ in, Don…sorry I missed this thread completely yesterday…

I’d be honored to participate if needed :beerchug:

Ouch. What’d I do to deserve that???

I do like the idea of “goals”, as it might provide insight into the motivation of the winner.

(FWIW, I’m willing, if LoHo’s willing)

I want to keep the expectations low… Lets face it, the car is potentially going to cost more than it is going to be worth (at least in the short term). If the car ended up in primer with a 1984 Mustang drivetrain and was stored in an open carport, it would be better than the doomed fate it was intended for when the owner called me and said “make them disappear”. Of course someone who had a passion to see it be brought back to its original glory would be optimal, I want to throw a wide net and not exclude folks that have a different idea. Whenever we have to do this, it makes me feel like this guy…

LOL - yeah Don, I haven’t seen that one in a long time? Does anybody think the narrator in that sounds suspiciously Like Earl Gray Jones…?

sounds more like Pa Cartwright (Lorne Greene)

It’s William Conrad.

Really! HUH, sounded familiar - just couldn’t place it. Shoulda known though - I can tell now that I hear it again! COOL

OH - I have no real ideas on how best to give the car away I see many ideas that have some merit though. I like the idea of coughing up a few bucks to have “votes” but I can see how it’s tough to administer something like that. Essays are kind of fun, bur doesn’t really give an idea of the commitment they would do. Having a goal…that is a key, but I know how far south I fall on my own goals!! LOL It would be cool to have a club take the car IMHO — with a goal. That way no one person has an excuse (of which I have many). How about current - legit - clubs? They have a pool to draw from, you could require a monthly update on progress (or quarterly) and maybe we could all pitch in on parts/tech assist/and general worthless support! LOL :gaptooth:

I’m for that - since I only live near 2 other cat owners that I know of!! :flipa: I think you could find PLENTY of Mustang clubs to chose from - one in Waterloo area would get a vote. How about guys voting on clubs…Stray Cats of course…others?

If a club was to get it, what happens to it in the end when it is finished?

Maybe they’d auction it off to raise funds for the club or for a charity? Either that or put all the club members in a cage to fight to the death to determine ownership. :devil:

Can we do something like Rat Race where it’s a giant cross country scavenger hunt, and the winner gets the car?

Cougar Death Race 2012

I was cleaning out the 67 today and found the registration and insurance card from 1983. I was able to contact the owners and have invited them to help choose the winner. I also requested a pictures from the day, crossing my fingers!

Either that or put all the club members in a cage to fight to the death to determine ownership.

I like the way you think Blitz but in the clubs that I belong, there would be a bunch of old men beating each other with their canes. Would be a bunch of black and blue marks and I don’t think I could bear to see the carnage.

BTW, the wife’s getting a new robe for Christmas and I think she’s going radical on me and choosing a new color, I’ll post pics after XMAS. SalD

Now that sounds cool… I can see people showing up to WCCC on thier open house day with truckloads of parts scavenged from craigslist ads across the country.
Everyone pitches in and slaps together a running, driving car in 3 1/2 hours and the winner drives it home! :bonghitter:

Ok, that’s a big ol’ pipe dream, but it would sure make a cool TV show!

Call it “JUNK to GT”

That’s a neat idea. Did the previous owner sound like they were interested in helping choose a winner?
Steven