before and after

Here is the last one I finished. A 69’ XR7. This one was rougher than it looked to as the rear quater on the drivers side was full of fiberglass and the truck drop offs and lower quarters too.

The Motor. An incorrect mid 70’s 351 Cleveland.

During the body replacement work

New EFI Stroker Motor and T5 and a lot of scraping and painting

All Done!

Both of these cars look great. I remember you got rid of the 67, Do you still have the 69?

No I never got to keep it due to the purchase of a house. I have a 67 again but can’t get to work on it as I just had back surgery a couple of weeks ago and had been in to much pain in the last couple of years to do much to it at all.

Mark, I never knew Hero started out so rough. I liked the wheels on the second version but no doubt one of my favorites.

All the cars on this thread are looking good and I am seeing a lot of hard work. :beerchug:

Sorry about your back problems Resto, heres hoping for a recovery.

Thanks Wood! :thumbup: When I got those directional wheels, they were the hot ticket in the early to mid 90s. But they quickly became dated looking. They went on to live under my 77 Grand Prix daily driver. I honestly have to say that I think they looked and worked better under that car.

Thanks Wood! Had surgery about 2 and a half weeks ago and I feel better already except for the fact that I can’t do anything for a few more weeks until it completely heals.

Im glad to hear you are feeling better. I had the same thing done and after a couple weeks, I was feeling so good, I started to do things I should not have been doing. Give it time, all that tissue inside has to have time to heal, even if you are feeling better. In no time at all, you will be back at working on the cougar and glad you had the work done on your back. :slight_smile:

My first cougar I purchased in 1985 direct from San Jose CA. It was a cat of many colors but, a nice rust free CA car was under five layers of paint.
Copy of unrestored2.jpg
March17resize-3.jpg

I am too chicken for surgery, but it ruined my dad. One thing, STAY away from the pain meds!. My doctor had me on a daily regimen that got me addicted and it is a bad deal. Sick as hell quiting but got it done and clean now for 7 months or so. They give that stuff out like candy and it is an epidemic which is stating to get out and it should. They told me I would be crippled without one or the other. I took a bad fall, 20 footer, which aggravated my allready bad back but guess what? I hurt at the time but I dont need that sh%#! I feel fine and even the bad days are better than meds. Enough of my rant just trying to maybe save some grief or worse.

Brian, huge improvement! Lots of work and it shows.
:beerchug:

If I may suggest Dr. Srinivasachari Chakravarthi MD who is a Neurosurgeon who did my back. He is on the cutting edge in his field. He was here in Canada, but left since Canada would not fund his research. He is one of the best and If I had to have it done all over again, I would. I have seen so many still having there backs worked on with old methods and not coming out of it well. This Dr is good. Here is a link for his info, if anyone needs this kind of work performed.
http://www.ucomparehealthcare.com/drs/srinivasachari_chakravarthi/

Before:

After:

very nice job, Jim looks great

Before:
1982:

1983:

2004(ish):

After:
2012:

Never finished!

Oh so nice! Great that you have had it so long.

Hello Jim,
I never realized your Cougar was so rough when you got it either, what a differance! High school I take it you got your car when you were in school, way cool. I wish I still had mine and actually I am tracking down the vin now. The last I knew it was in Ft. Lauderdale Fla. about nineteen hundred and seventy nine.

Yep, we’ve been together for a long time now. I hope you have good luck tracking yours! Mine’s never wandered too far - It’s never been owned by someone who lives more than 20 or so miles from the place it was sold in Canby, OR.

I actually bought mine right after the paint and bodywork was done (1998). I’ve had the entire car apart several times since then, though.

Jim

A few (of many) Before:

Rockers and complete floorpan removed:

HT donor floorpan:

Quarter work (after wheelhouse and drop-off repairs were complete):

How’d those pine needles get in there? They floated, on salt water, of course!:

After:

Maybe you should label those… having trouble telling which ones are before and which ones are after. Just kidding LOL! every time I see that i hear this: IT’S ALIVE!

Im always speechless with this build, Classy!!
We could start a thread on what we think our car would look like if it were a woman, but this one may be a little X rated. :wink: