Brake pedal - manual to power, is it me ??

Making slow progress as i havent had much time. Received my new pedal hanger from NPD and about to reassemble it.

Just wondering about lubrication of the bushings, shop manual says to use SAE10 motor oil. I thought it was not recommended to use petroleum based oil on plastic/rubber. Also, the little white insulator where the clutch pedal spring hook up to the pedal and hanger assembly came factory with some white grease which i assume is white lithium grease - also petroleum based.

Is it “safe” ? Should i use silicon paste instead ? Am i overthinking this :slight_smile: ?

That’s a mistake. Depending on how much you drive, you’ll be revisiting this.

yeah I used plastic bushings too…I even knew about the bearings at the time and still decided to just use the plastic stuff. I dont remember why I made that decision but kinda regret it now simply knowing that I will need to go back in there eventually. I have not even come close to driving it enough to wear out the plastic stuff but one day I will and I will probably mother F myself for not upgrading then. :wall: :mrgreen:

Very highly recommend you install this. The action alone feels so much better it makes it worth while.

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/19marobepeha.html?attribs=76

These are the business - unreal how it basically cuts the pedal pressure in half. Makes a big 12" clutch behind a stroker 427 feel like a Toyota Corolla clutch pedal.

The Scott Drake unit uses a plastic needle roller cage. It’s weak. I went with the Mustang Steve kit. The installation is detailed in the link below.
I am running the Centerforce Dual Friction with a high horsepower 427. There are several wives tales associated with them.
The over-center spring remains. The pedal has never stuck to the floor at higher RPM. It’s not harsh on the driveline and has a very smooth and positive engagement.
The full roller bearing conversion not only unloads the pedal support, but also makes a night and day difference in pedal effort.
With the Centerforce, it very similar in feel to a modern hydraulic clutch.
I have nothing but positives to say, especially in light of how poor the OE clutch engages and the wear and tear on the mechanical linkage and your leg.
-Keith
https://www.mustangsteve.com/clutchbearings.html