By Popular Demand: Show us your Cougar!

NICE!! Major transformation from the before to after.

Wait, is that a factory paint color? If so, wow!! I would now have two factory colors to choose from a few years from now when it comes time to buy another cat to do a proper restoration. If it is factory, how many XR-7 GT or GTE’s came with that finish in 68? Lol. I better start winning the lottery soon.

That’s actually the much-reviled Lime Frost in fresh 2-stage condition. I’m amazed at the reaction to it since it’s been repainted, given how many people say they hate that color. I think we’ve all just been turned off by all the aged and faded instances we’ve seen, as in the “before” picture.

Oh, sorry, I meant Black Cherry. I know about Lime Frost, that’s what color my Cougar was born with.

Ooohh, well ain’t that a kick where it hurts. :doh:

I’m just going to slink away now…

I like lime frost. I think you’re right about people not liking it because of all of the faded ones we have seen. You after picture looks great and the paint really pops!
Steven

I like Lime Frost too ! When I bought my 1st cougar New in 1968. Thats the color I picked out !

I didn’t think I really liked it, but after removing some of the interior from my X code I discovered I kind of liked it when it’s fresh. Enough so I’m planning to repaint it the original color.

Probably no color looks as dead as old lime frost. It kind of reminds me of a really bad job of suede flat paint.

Besides lime frost you know what color looks good on a Cougar, black cherry. I wonder if someone here could post pictures of a black cherry cat. Maybe like a …XR-7G 428 (hint, hint) :thumbup:
Steven

Okay so wait, is Black Cherry an actual production color? Or is it non-original?

I didn’t mean any ill toward like frost. My Cougar was already painted black long before I got er. I love black. I don’t mind greens, though they’re not my favorite. They remind me of the old Caprice my mom drove back around 1980.

Well on google I just found a die cast scale model of a '68 XR-7G that’s black cherry, so I guess that answers my question that it is a production color. I guess now I have a long-term plan for what my second Cougar will be!! Just gimmie a few years.

Black Cherry was a production color in 1968. The same color was called Maroon in 1969. In 1967, there was a similar color called Burgundy. In 1970, the closest you could get was Chestnut Metallic which really was more of a brown color.

Hmmm… A G car in black cherry… Now where have I seen that… LOL!

My birthday was like six weeks ago. Y’know, if you wanted to give me a present, maybe, I dunno, a black cherry car or whatever, I wouldn’t give you a hard time about how it’s kinda late. I mean, y’know, I’m just sayin’. If ya wanna. That’s cool.

Where can I read the rest of that article.

Now thats what I’m talking about! :clap: Bill that is one sweet car you have. It is absolutely breath taking thanks for posting the pictures. Who did that article on you and the G?
Steven

Yes, I’d like to read the whole thing if possible as well.

Yessiree Bill, YOUR turn!!!

show us your car (the others can come later :laughing:)

Someone go nominate that car for ROTM.