Changing the colour from factory

My Cougar is back from the body shop,
Already getting carried away and putting on some of the jewellery I have had restored for so many years.
Original glacier blue was the right choice.
I have tons of work to do now but at least,unlike all the trial fitting,everything that now is fitted stays on.
Waiting for the very best 9 piece anodised trim from Don at WCCC and a whole bunch of steering,suspension etc to order in the near future from his team.
I will be working on it most evenings and Saturdays and post more pictures as it developers.
Cheers

Looks terrific!

Still love the lines these cars have.

• Phillip

Looks spectacular.

You made an excellent choice on color.

Looks like the body shop did a great job with the panel gaps. Love that color!

Great color.

Here in the US we now say, “Boom”. Very nice.

Like!!!

Don’t forget the pinstripes. I think it is really the finishing touch.

I must admit I have spoken to an artist,traditional pinstripe friend of mine about the twin stripes it would have had.
Anyone know which colour would have been originally applied at the factory.
I had the body shop paint an old car panel in glacier blue before painting my car.We have been experimenting with colours.
Dark blue to match the interior,white,but a real nice contrast and subtle was a light silver.
Thoughts appreciated.

Few more photos of my progress.
Most challenging for me to date rear screen fitting and headlining but I am sure there will be more to come.

Wow, that is really coming along nicely!

What a beautiful Cougar!!

• Phillip

Thank you Phillip,
Once all the windows and stainless trims are on,a few more exterior parts and then back to the mechanics.
The restored suspension,rear axle,trans and engine should go well as I trial fitted and run the engine before the total strip for the body shop.
Lots of parts again on their way from WCCC.
John at JCC has sent my blue leather complete seat set and I can’t wait to see it in the next week or two.
I have powered up the electrics and everything works completely.
Just restoring all the interior which is very time consuming but looking good.
One day soon the final nut/bolt will go in and I will be able to drive my Cougar for the very first time.
Keep well
Paul

Great work, can’t wait to see it done.

Any pictures of engine from the top, those headers are something

Fantastic work! And yeah, those headers…wow!

Very nice job on the reconstruction. Can’t wait to see it on the road!

I will load up some engine photos as soon as I can.The headers take me hours to fit there is no room at all.
The above photos were of the trial fitting before before final strip and the underside was completely finished in satin black at the body shop.
Not long I hope and all the components will be back in and running again.
Looking for the original Firestone wide oval white wall tyres my car was ordered with.Coker’s unfortunately can’t supply radial only bias in that style but I really like the radial thin red lines.Any thoughts?

The red line radials would look awesome on that car - imho! And radials drive SO much better on a performance car.

How are you going to get the steering in there with those headers?

Built for me by Mad Dog Headers in the USA.
My car is non power steering so just the drag link passes hopefully between them.
Front suspension/steering arriving from Don soon so we shall see.
Although they do sit quite low.
A small tweak from originality with the m/flow system and any problems I will revert back to the cast iron manifolds.