Changing the colour from factory

Progress on my cougar,the monster engine back in.

The curved Monte Carlo bars really don’t do anything, they flex in the middle. If you haven’t bolted it in yet you still have an opportunity to leave it off. If you like the look then by all means keep it just thought I would share the lack of functionality.

Thanks Bill.
I actually am not a lover of it either.
You will probably notice I have been reluctant to drill the holes for it.It will be removed.
Thanks for your input.

A few more photos of my progress.
Interior almost done,JCC dark blue leather.
Restored Instrument panel,gauges,steering wheel,centre console,working am 8 track(Barry White blasting out sounds great).
Actually drove my car around the block,first time it has moved under it’s own power since 1980.
Setting up the front geometry next week.
Triple plated rechromed bumbers back end of November and aerial,front splash shields,vacuum tank etc can be installed.
Firestone red line radials to fit and all the shake down runs to look forward to.
I am aiming to get everything done and UK mot test at Christmas.
More to follow very soon.

Nice job!

Very nice, the wood grain on the dash - very good originals or new vinyl?

Thanks All originals luckily.

Very nice work.

Stick with what it came with. I have a '69 pale yellow with a dark green interior, not a color combo I would have ordered but I have a ton of documentation showing those colors and was convinced that I should keep it that color combo. That is the downside to a really rare car and the value is in the original look. Nobody changes a Van Gough!

I would love to ride around in that machine! What a beautiful restoration! Btw, 1967 was a good year for Aretha Franklin 8 tracks!

A few more photos of progress.
Still waiting for my bumpers.
The Gt rear leaf springs bought from Mustang unlimited many years ago appear to be not matched.
I like the height on the passenger side but the driver side is nearly one inch lower.
I am going to swop them over to confirm the difference and will have to get them re arched.
Set the camber,castor and toe in up and feels good around the block but I am not fitting the radial Firestone red lines until everything settles and the springs are rectified.

Very nice work - really partial to the colour, as my parents owned a 1968 Cougar wearing the same blue. I notice in the underside images of your car that the engine is using a FRAM oil filter. Perhaps you might look at this thread regarding the ‘quality’ of that brand. Type Fram Oil filters into the search window or go to this entry :

Post by johnboy » 26 Dec 2018, 11:00
interesting video on oil filters

Best of luck with the build.

Thanks,very interesting and that filter is coming off!

At last after 14 years I think I’m there.

And more

And more

More

That looks amazing awesome choice and amazing work. My 70 isn’t quite LCFC Blue but I like it!!!