He has paper work on Shelby Cougar program!

At least it’s not a Shelby Cougar. It does make you wonder what Shelby would have done to a Cougar if given a chance.
I would bet he would start with a standard and heap on the power adders available for the Mustang.

Dang! those monkeys have a strong union!

“At least it’s not a Shelby Cougar. It does make you wonder what Shelby would have done to a Cougar if given a chance.
I would bet he would start with a standard and heap on the power adders available for the Mustang.”

I had the same thought when I owned my 69 R code XR7 convert. I built a roll bar, added snake emblems above the rear side markers and Cobra428 jet emblems to the top of the fenders just ahead of the doors.

Actually we know what Shelby did to many Cougars. They are XR7-G’s. Built side by side with the Shelby GT350, the GT500, and GT500KR.

I would have thought that Shelby would have gone with a standard to keep with the racer image.

Maybe he was thinking of how the XR-7 has better gauges and provides better feedback on operating conditions?

It’s been on Craigslist locally for a few months,…and the price keeps going down. http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/2907307762.html Money pit,…marine engine for $700 more, no dash and that interior pic is enough of a story teller. It’s setting a mile and half south of my shop,…no interest to even drive by.