Headers for FE block

I have tried to use 2 different header manufactures on my 1968 XR7 with a GT 390 with no luck. Are Hooker Headers the only ones that will fit without major modifications?

The Hooker headers do not bolt to 14 bolt 390GT bolt pattern. You have to modify the flange to make it work.

FPA is the best header and they are available. Might be a 2-3 month wait and they certainly aren’t a 99 dollar header. I just got a set for a 69.
www.fordpowertrain.com

X2 on FPA headers. They have the best ground clearance and fit is well documented. Here are some photos of mine installed in a mock up of my engine test stand.

The URL link in Post #3 didn’t seem to work. Try this one to get to their home ( products ) page :

http://www.fordpowertrain.com/FPAindex/FPA%20index1.htm

Thanks, not sure why it didn’t work. I edited and it should be fixed.

Stan who own FPA says with the engine outside the car, these headers can be installed along with the transmission and the whole thing installed as a unit. The craftsmanship and fitment is great on these headers.

I had a set of hooker super competition headers on my FE 68. They fit without any memorable effort… aside from the bolts hidden by the shock towers!