Heidts Pro G 4 link

I’ve searched this forum and can’t seem to find any current information on Heidt’s Pro G 4-link rear suspension # RG-101-PG.
Has anyone used this on their 69?

I very nearly went this route. I ended up using the rear link setup from Total Cost Involved, does a similar job. I am VERY happy with this change, you can’t really stiffen your cat up more than this without going to a full aftermarket chassis. Sorry I don’t have specific information on the Heidts, but they are a top notch company. I know Stacey David and another high end shop (Kindigit Design?) used the TCI rear setup like I did, for what its worth.

The TCI was on my list because I’ve seen it used on the shows too. After considering both, I finally decided to use the Heidts front and rear. It will be a while before I get to install them but I’ll post my thoughts after I do.
Everything seems to be made well.

Oh, for sure! I almost went Heidts as well. I don’t think you can go wrong there at all, good luck!

Installing a six point roll cage will stiffen up the chassis Waymore than anything you do underneath the car.

Absolutely true. An easy one people miss is welding in a steel bulkhead behind the rear seat to replace the ineffectual V bars. Don at WCCC sells a pre cut piece of steel that drops right in. Very easy to weld in, and worth the time and money over cutting one out yourself to fit. I’ve seen tests where just that plate adds more rigidity than your basic subframe connectors, even.

I’ll have to check that out. Thanks!

Glad to help. The steel divider seems to be one that most people overlook, and they certainly aren’t aware of how much it stiffens up the chassis. Here is what they look like: Divider - Rear Seat to Trunk - METAL - New ~ 1967 - 1968 Mercury Cougar ( 1967 Mercury Cougar, 1968 Mercury Cougar ) at West Coast Classic Cougar :: The Definitive 1967 - 1973 Mercury Cougar Parts Source I don’t know about you, but I’ve owned five Cougars over the decades and I’ve never had one that had the spot welds all intact on the V bars behind the rear seat.

Speaking of easy reinforcement, I’ll also use these if the car still has shock towers: Reinforcement Plates - Shock Tower - Weld In - PAIR - New ~ 1967 - 1970 Mercury Cougar / 1967 - 1970 Ford Mustang ( 1967 Mercury Cougar, 1968 Mercury Cougar, 1969 Mercury Cougar, 1970 Mercury Cougar, 1967 Ford Mustang, 1968 Ford Mustang, 1969 Ford Mustang, 1970 Ford Mustang ) at West Coast Classic Cougar :: The Definitive 1967 - 1973 Mercury Cougar Parts Source

Honestly, those two modifications along with quality sub frame connectors and it will make a Cat early as rigid as if it were on a chassis.

Actually on my car they where all intact, not a low mileage car either as far as I’m aware. Est 130k miles but off the road since the early 90s. But your right, more often or not they are broken. I have added the plate because it doesn’t make sense not to.

Will the plate behind the seat work on a convertible?

I don’t see why not, but to be fair, I’ve never installed one in a 'vert. Give Don a call at West Coast Classic Cougars, or shoot him a pm here, he could tell you for sure.

There could be extra bracing on a vert that causes interference with the 4 link. Just a thought, not for sure.

I don’t see why not, but to be honest I’ve never installed one in a 'vert. You can call WCCC who sells them and ask them, they would be able to confirm:
Phone #: 503-463-1130