Ouch! D9OE = 1979.
Thanks. Guess I could have surmised that by the big “79” right under the stamping, eh?? I’m blind, sometimes.
Ouch. Sorry for your loss 3. I would drive the snot out of that T-bird though. ![]()
I know, right?? But not for his price…I’m a cheap arse.
Hey Bill…would a '93 H.O. 5.0 from a Cougar be suitable? I’m thinking for the whole shebang swap…EFI and all? Might as well, since it’s out again, right?
Yes. The 302 got a roller cam actually even earlier than that. '93 was the first year for the roller cam in the 351W.
So I found a 1995 GT Mustang local to me, for peanuts. It’s pretty well roached body wise, and the auto trans only goes into R, but supposedly the motor “runs fine”. Wouldn’t matter, as I’d want to OVH it, anyway. Should still be the pushrod 5.0 for that year, looks like.
For the asking price, and as long as it’s been for sale, it may be worth a shot, if for no other reason than to get the ball rolling.
Any opinions??
Yes, 5.0, 4.6 started in 96. 50 oz flywheel, pan/oil p/u change, etc.
Yeah, I was thinking '96 for the DOHC wide engines, too. 50oz imbalance is no biggie, so long as dampener and flywheel match, correct?
Yes on both (but the DOHC was the mod engine ones, not the Coyote, you probably know that already).