I have just received a package from Santa Claus.

3 Letters: N O S :smiley:

(sorry, nfs) :naughty:

I just want to share my joy :slight_smile:

Wow, that is nice!

Rare packageā€¦ you must have been a good boy this year.

Merry Christmas!!! V cool!

I just tossed a big box full of those.

LOL!

Let me know if another package happens to show up with that same item in it, as I have a candidate GT-E awaiting such :smiley:

Not that hard to find, I came across one of those at Fords at Carlisle last year for $95 its in a members car.

I canā€™t find one and have been looking! If you want to let it go, Iā€™ll fight Jim Pinkerton for it. Last item for my GT-E 427 to be all stock original.

same situation on my side :wink: nice to say, one car is 100% stock now ā€¦ except the air in the tires and the fuel in tank

I will do Jim, if this happens, iā€™ll bring it to you personally :stuck_out_tongue:

Joe

Iā€™d find another shipper if it took over five months for it to arrive

These rare piece will be only shipped in one way. in my carry-on Luggageā€¦ :sunglasses:

It has been forever since I reviewed the casting numbers on theseā€¦what other cars would this have been onā€¦any at all?

I have no idea. I used Jim Pinkertons 427 GT-E parts list for searching the Distributor.
Funnily, the NOS distributor has exactly the same date (8F27) has Jim has described.
So its maybe a 68 Service Distributor, but since I have a correct 67 dated housing ā€¦ :sunglasses:
Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-10 um 18.15.42.png

That distributor was originally designed for ā€˜67 390 Fairlane/mustang, automatic trans.

Yeah I just went over the sheet from Jimā€¦but Iā€™m confused on the difference between what is the Dizzy and what is the housing, I guess. :slight_smile: What do you mean by ā€œsince I have a '67 dated housingā€ ?

Brian, the 8F27 reads 68/June/27. Since I like to install a date code correct Distributor in my GT-E, this one is wrong for my car.
I just need a end of 67 dated Distributor since my car is build date 23/01/68.
Mercury started with the 428 GT-E in April 68 (???) so I assume that June 68 Dizzy is a service replacement part.
To go correct for my car, I will interchange the housing und use the internals, since my 67 Distributor internals are very bad in condition.
Joerg

PS: the Distributor is the whole thing, the housing is just the aluminium cast part without the shaft and all internals.

There are some 428 Cougars and Mustangs made in July 68 that would be right for that date code.

Just curious about this ā€“ if youā€™re swapping the housings, why was an NOS unit so important ?
Why not grab some other/less rare FE distributor to get the internal bits and have it curved to match your engine ?

i am in germany. no one here is able to recurve anything ā€¦
i was just looking for approx 5 years for a # correct Distributor. that a NOS appears was not in my plan, but its the Distributor I wanted.

Brian, the first number on Jimā€™s sheet is the PART number for the dist. The second numbers are the casting numbers. They can differ.