In Search Of Marti Reports For 67-68 6.5L Cars

The CCOA is in search of Marti reports for 1967-1968 6.5L cars, ones that do not have the GT option. Phil Parcells is trying to figure some things out for these cars and the Marti reports would be a big help. You can post your report here or if you prefer to keep it out of sight you can go to the CCOA website and send it directly to Phil Parcells. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Randy do you know what he is working on? I have a lot of data

The only thing unusual is the Sales vechicle order type.

Randy, does Phil need the second row of code, after “Than you for your interest in our services …”?

If he hasn’t considered it, he might want it later.

This car was talked about on the previous forum. 1968 Special order car. Original owner wanted the GT option, but to get payments down, had to sacrifice some options. Disc brakes was eliminated, wasn’t that a mandatory option in 1968 on a GT?
Notice the stats for S code engine, and NON-GT package.

That foot note doesn’t make any sense. According to Cougar by the Numbers there were a total of 1547 S code Cougar Hardtops (non XR7)

I think the foot note is covering all 390 S code powered Cougar, Standard and XR-7.
Edit, I see CBTN showing 2800 GT Cougars for 1968 in both body lines. 955 standard and 1845 XR-7’s

For standard 1968 Cougars CBTN brakes down like this.
956 with U, 390 4V and C-6
89 with 6, 4 speed close ratio
418 with 5, 4 speed wide ratio
84 with 1, 3 speed(For some reason)
1547 total 390 4V Standard Cougars for 1968
955 standard 68 Cougars got the GT package, but I don’t know how many of them had the 428CJ over the 390 GT 4V engine.

Short answer, I do not know. Long answer, I will let him know that there are several reports here for him and he can chime in on this subject. Thank you.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

The main thing he is looking for is whether or not Mercury required power brakes when the 390 S code engine was ordered. Based upon the reports posted so far it would appear that they did not require the power brakes.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

The only required option was the three speed heavy duty transmission. (Or better a 4 speed or C6)

Here’s mine…just purchased

Thank you for posting the Marti. I will pass it along to Phil.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95