Looking for Elite Marti Reports for '69 & '70 Eliminators

Hey Gang,

I’m looking for Elite Marti report info on '69 and '70 Cougar Eliminators. The goal is to build a simple Eliminator database of engine / transmission / color / interior combinations.

I have quite a few Elite reports in my collection, but not quite enough to do the trick.

If you have any Eliminator Elite reports, please email me a pic at mbanks-at-nikon-dotcom, or PM me your email.
Feel free to block out your VIN if you would like.

Thanks!

Maybe it would be easier to just get this from the registry?

I’m hoping Dave will chime in with a breakdown of the numbers. I know he was working on it, but not sure how far along he got.

In the mean time, more data can’t hurt :beerchug:

Thanks for the Marti Report, Harry!

*Edit; I’ve moved the '70 Eliminator data to its own thread, here: http://www.classiccougarcommunity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3706

Bill,

Unfortunately the Registry does not have all of the production data. With there being 4,517 Eliminators produced between 1969 and 1970, it is cost prohibitive to get the information from Kevin.

It is also difficult to amass a sufficient number of Elite reports to get the full breakdowns. We do have the color interior information for 1969 due to the Eliminator only front seats.

1969 Color breakdowns per Kevin Marti’s “Cougar … by the Numbers (1967-1973)
Black 5A Blue 5B White EA Total
White M 194 161 51 406
Competition Orange 3 379 N/A 135 514
Bright Blue Metallic 6 106 422 87 615
Bright Yellow 9 614 N/A 101 715
Totals 1,293 583 374 2,250

For the 1970 with 6 standard colors (that were all shared with standard Cougars) as well as special paint, then add standard, decor and cloth interior availability in any available standard Cougar color there are a substantial number of combinations.

I give Mike a lot of credit for trying to gather this data as well as the additional assistance that he provides in tracking and reporting Eliminators.

Mike,

Here are the Elite reports for the 2 Eliminators that I presently have. If we had a 351-4V Elite we would know how many 1970 Eliminators were Competition Blue.

Of the 72,365 1970 Cougar,
49,479 were Cougar Hardtops. Of them,
2,267 were equipped with the Eliminator Package.
374 of these came with 428-4V Cobra Jet Engines.
182 of those had Close Ratio 4-Speed Transmissions.
54 of them were painted Competition Blue, of which
5 had Black Knitted Décor Bucket Seats. All
5 were equipped with Drag Packs. Of these,
3 were equipped with 3.91 Traction-Lok Rear Axles.
2 of them came with Ram Air Induction. Of these,
1 was produced with a Console.
0F91Q516134 is that Cougar.

Of the 72,365 1970 Cougars.
49,479 were Standard Hardtops. Of them,
2,267 were equipped with the Eliminator Package and
469 of those came with a 302-4V Boss Engine, of which
146 had 4-Speed Wide Ratio Manual Transmissions.
107 of them were painted Competition Blue and
18 of those had White Bucket Seats with Black Appointments
3 of those were ordered with the Super Drag-Pak Option.
1 of them had Styled Steel Wheels.
0F91G526086 is that Cougar.

Thanks for the kind words Dave, I appreciate it :slight_smile:

And thanks for sharing your Report info! It made me realize I may have read some of my reports incorrectly, so I need to go back and look at them again more closely.

So, where your Boss report says “107 were Competition Blue”, that should be read as 107 of the 469 Boss Eliminators (I think). I first read it to mean 107 of the 146 wide ratio trans boss elims, but then the numbers don’t add up right with 34 gold and 33 yellow WR boss cats.

But then looking at your CJ elite, “54 were Competition Blue”. Is that referring to all 374 of the CJ Eliminators, or just the 182 four-speed CJ cars? 54 out of 374 seem like a low ratio of blue cars, so most likely 54 of 182, IMO.

Here are a few of the Elites I used for the Wide Ratio Boss Elim data above.
0F91G511030_Marti_Elite_small.jpg
0F91G510966_Marti_#4.jpg

Also, note that between those two Boss Cat reports, one G-code car changed catagories.
2267 Eliminators in 1970
1425 M-code
374 Q-code
… that leaves 468 G-code.

Rumor says there was a non-Eliminator G-code cougar.

The way I read it, you have to look at the order of how the sort is done. … of them/of those I take it to mean, each line is a subset of the previous category.

Kevin can make almost everything one of one.

Kevin Marti does all reports himself.

Scott, you are correct, and you also have to be careful with where he puts a period and where he puts a comma.

Ok, I have quite a few numbers to share, but I’m not sure the best way to do it. I thought about starting a new “production numbers” thread, and keep this thread as a “data collection and work-in-progress” thread, but I’m sure that numbers would end up posted in both threads, so I dont’ thing that would be the best way to go. I think I’ll just post the numbers here for now and see where it goes. Maybe keep a seperate post for each engine type, or something like that, that I can go back and edit as needed.

One more thing. Before I go any further I want to say Thank You to Kevin Marti, because without him we would still be guessing at production numbers. I’d also like to say Thank You to Dave Wyrwas for maintaining the Eliminator Registry and helping me (and everyone else) with various Eliminator questions. There are a ton of other people that need thanking too, for all they do for the Cougar Community, but I’m beginning to sound like I won an Oscar or something.

*Edit; I’ve moved the '70 Eliminator data to its own thread, here: http://www.classiccougarcommunity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3706

Thanks for the Elite copy for your car, TomCat!

Thanks! I had some previous info that stated 34 of the 1969 Hertz Eliminators were Comp Orange. Not sure where I got that info though.

41 seems like a high ratio of orange cars out of the 101! Someone at Hertz must have really liked Comp Orange :slight_smile:

Thanks again, I appreciate it!

Ok, those CJ numbers are pretty convoluted when you add in the SCJ and / or Ram Air variations… I think I hurt my brain a little bit :-/

Good stuff Mike,my report is showing in the resto thread.
Im just wondering about M codes and sunroofs and wether the low numbers are right?
I guess if sunroofs were avail why wernt they more popular or was it a Hertz only order thing?
Any GT in Aus with a sunroof seems to be desirable.

Thanks Brett! I actually had your info filed previously, so it is already in the 351 car mix.

100 Hertz Eliminators in 1970, all were basically identical except for paint / interior combo’s. So yes, you have a pretty rare beast!

1970 “Sunroof” Eliminators;

1969 “Sunroof” Eliminators;

*Edit; I’ve moved the '69 Eliminator data to its own thread, here: http://www.classiccougarcommunity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3688&start=10