Made a custom wood gauge panel for my 70

I had some vintage Stewart Warner gauges from the period and wanted to use them, and my factory gauge pod was pretty beat up. I made this from a piece of American Cherry I had in stock.
69/70 are a little difficult since you can’t knock out the gauges and replace with aftermarket. You have to make a panel and either fasten to the dashpad or build a support on the dash frame. It fits with the Bud Moore rally car paint scheme I have. I have a Momo wheel from a 911 to replace the factory one, but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to see the gauges with a smaller diameter wheel.
I’m making a matching piece for the passenger side to hold the logo trim and a period type rally stop watch set.
But if you want custom gauges on a 69/70 you can do it.

Looks nice. I used some additional SW gauges in my XR7. I think they were 70’s or early 80’s vintage. SWl ? Decent match if you can find them.

Yeah, Shelby used their green line gauges which are nice upmarket parts. They’re good parts and they match well to 67/8 stuff, and 69/70 leaves a lot of freedom for whatever style you want. I added the console gauge pod to replace my ashtray so I have a volt meter and am adding air/fuel wideband down there, which is about all I need. The ammeter in the dash is just there to look neat since I have a single wire alt. The SW speedo uses a GM style thread on cable and SW makes an adapter for ford