Register My Cougar 71' XR7 Custom Ordered

MartiReport.pdf (296 KB)
Hey, I am new to the forum. I have a 1971’ ordered in 70’ that is 1 owner all original. XR-7, Detroit Locker Rear, Hurst 4Spd, Factory AC.
VIN: 1F93M513714
Body:65F
Col:6
Trim:6A
Axel:R
Trans:5
DSO:16

I’m also trying to find out a value on my car if you have any resources to suggest, I would really appreciate it!

Value is hard to determine with out seeing it. It is nicely optioned and a good power train for people looking for something a little more fun to drive.
I also placed this on your other post.
VIN: 1F93M513714
Body:65F 1971 Cougar XR-7
Col:6 = Bright Blue Metalic
Trim:6A = Black Leather XR-7 Bucket seats. Note only 73 were built in Bright Blue and Black Leather seats.
Axel:R 3.25 Traction Lock rear axle
Trans:5 = Wide ratio 4 speed. Note only 222 M Code 351 4V and wide ratio 4 speeds were built.
DSO:16 = Ordered through the Philadelphia District Sales Office
Nicely optioned I might say. I have a 71 in the same exterior color. But not nearly as well optioned.
If the body id good(very little rust) and is in decent condition it could range from $3500 to 10K. But I can’t say for sure. I am hoping to sell my 71 soon, outside f being in very good condition it does not have the better power train yours does.

Thank you for the insight, I replied on the other thread, but I’m not sure if you would see it. I really hope it will be worth north of $10k, It has very little rust issue. However, the paint is orange peeled. Do you think that the Marti Reports are accurate with pricing?

Marti Reports do not give price guide values. Your car is certain to be a one of one and most likely worth $10k or more. The four speed makes it very desirable.

You can get some insight with the Hagerty Valuation tool. https://www.hagerty.com/

Hagerty does not have add ons for things like the speed and traction lock. But here is the values they show for average condition for both his and mine.

1971 Mercury Cougar XR-7 2dr Hardtop Coupe 8-cyl. 351cid/285hp 4bbl $10,500 Avg.

1971 Mercury Cougar XR-7 2dr Hardtop Coupe 8-cyl. 351cid/240hp 2bbl $8,700 Avg.

Hey I posted my Marti Report to the original post… It still doesn’t tell me exactly how many were made exactly with my combo of features. I’ll have car pictures to post after this weekend