Request from XR7-G owners

Cougar2;

While the blueprint shows the text on the switches they actually produced them both ways as Bill’s photos in this tread depict. The one G console I have that the leattering can barely be seen is on the bezel. I should have a sample to post by the end of this week, I hope. If they don’t come out to level that satisfies me I will follow-up with Zoli and see how his work is progressing on the same project.

Finally home from Asia and stopped by the sign shop today and they had the first samples of the G console Vinyl Kit I am working on done. I still need to adjust the sizing a little bit and get out some bubbles (like the one in the “O” in FOG) on my quicky installation but I think the lettering and woodgrain came out really nice. I know the lettering appears slightly distorted on the installed switch panel but that is due to me stretching the vinyl as it was cut about .015" too short top to bottom. The vinyl is laminated just like the original. I did not have them cut out the holes for the switches in case they were off a little bit, but an exacto knife makes this easy.

If anyone is interested complete kits including the vinyl side stipes will be $30 each plus a couple of bucks for shipping. I would like to sell enough kits at this price to cover the set-up costs covered of getting the woodgrain and color close as possible to the original style. Let me know if there is any interest or if you think adjustment needs to be made to the final version. For a comparison go back to the first page and you can see the photos of an original switch the Bill posted.

Welcome home, Scott! The vinyl kit looks good.

Scott – I would be up for a kit.
Jim Pinkerton

Ok Jim, I will save one for you. Should be done in a week or so.

I would like one also - looks real nice.

Phillip

Philip, your all set, that makes 3 sets so far including Gry.

I want one too.
Tom Chaffin

You got one Tom, welcome to the board and the insanity!

i’d take a kit too.I’ll need address when the kit is completed thanks,mike

I would be in for a kit
Thanks Scott

Hi Scott, I will take a set as well. I may be also interested in a second set later, We can talk about that one then.
Dennis

Ok, Dennis, Scott and Mike you guys are all in. They should be done by the end of next week. I will be in touch regarding payment and shipping addresses once the are done.

Hi Scott,

I will take two.

Thanks,
Fran

Scott,

Can the sign shop just supply the the “Fog and Roof” lettering? I would like to just redo the lettering on my original wood grain.

Looks great Scott, sign me up for a kit if there’s enough.

I have 20 kits on order so i should have enough for everyone that wants one so far. As for printing on your existing switch piece this would not be possible. I probably could just get vinyl letters cut out that you could install on your original wood grain but you would be able to feel the raised area and the color would most likely be too white. The original color is somewhat off white or nicotine yellow as Bill has previously mentioned.

Scott, I will need two of these, and I think that Bob Tufts will also want one, and maybe two.

Hi Bill your order of 2 sets is confirmed, that makes 17 kits of the initial order of 20 already spoken for. Please let me know if Bob will need a set or two. As long as I know by Monday am I can increase my order if needed at the sign shop before they go to press. Otherwise I need to order 10 additional units per time to keep the cost at the present level.

Thanks,

Scott,

I’ll take one as well.

PS, I have my original wood grain decal removed from the switch plate. If you sent that to the sign place could they print on the lettering like they are doing to the kits you got them making? I really wouldn’t want to do a stuck on decal as I don’t think that would look good.