Request from XR7-G owners

Hi Brian, you are all set. These kits are printed on a the latest state of the art machine that uses a 48" wide roll of vinyl. It would not be possible to print on your existing piece at the shop I use. The original cars had stick on decals the only difference from the kit is that the originals had a slight wood grain texture pressed into the surface. The color on the samples I received was a super close match and the grain is also the same as the original as we used a digital image from the dash. It took several hours of work to come up with what I consider to be a super nice kit. Granted they are not 100% like the original but they are the best you can readily obtain to the best of my knowledge. As soon as I get the kits in hand I will install a kit on one of my consoles and post some photos.

Ok Scott, I get what you’re saying! Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Add in one set for Bob Tufts. I called him and confirmed the order.

Ok Bill, Bob is all set. I placed the order today for 22 Kits of which 20 of them are already spoken for. Only 2 left available for this production run. I had to buy some boxes to ship them in as I did not have enough on hand to ship them without using the USPS Priority Mail Boxes. I hope noone minds too much but postage has gone up to $3 per order. I will combime orders of multiple kits going to the same adress without additional cost.

The kits should be done by the end of the week. Once I pick them up and I am satisfied they are the quality I want I will post info regarding my paypal info so everyone can pay from. If you would rather pay by check, send me a PM and I will give you my mailing address.

Thanks,

I will take those last 2 kits!!! Thank you very much.

Zogman your all set. Thanks!

A little update:

I picked up the G console vinyl kits late today, they were a few days late due to a problem with the sign shops printer. Hopefully I will be able to get one of my consoles reassembled, photos taken and posted tomorrow (tues), if not tomorrow, it will be Wed. at the latest. Once I know they fit the way they should and look the way I want them to I will start sending PMs to those that ordered kits with info on how to make payment.

Thanks for your patience,

I finally picked the completed kits today. It took three tries to get the grain and sizing correct. Below are some photos of a kit installed on my G console. I am leaving on a short business trip at 5am tomorrow (thurs 1/12) so I will not have a chance to ship them out until monday. In the mean time anyone that would like to speed up the process can send the $33 payment ($30 for the kit + $3 shipping) to my paypal account at: RACPowerkarts at att.net obviously you will have to exchange the “at” for the “@” symbol. If you would rather mail payment send me a PM and I will give you my address thanks. If you had ordered more than one kit you only have to pay once for the $3 shipping.

Thanks,

Scott, I would be interested as well.

Payment sent…

Got it, Thanks Scott.

Thanks for the confirmation. What do you think? Are they ok for the money?

Scott, I was late coming across this thread. Do you have any more of these that you are willing to sell? I think I know of a couple other guys that might need a set.
Let me know, thanks.

Hi Scott;

I can get more done but I need to order at least 10 at a time. I may have one or two extras from the last batch. I am still awaiting for several people to finalize their orders. I will be sending out reminders by the end of the week to those that have wanted kits but have not follow through with the purchase.

Thanks,

Scott - The check is in the mail, as they say :beerchug:

OK Scott, let me know. In the mean time I will contact the other couple of people with Gs that I know to see if they are interested as well.

Propayne ;

Thanks for the update. and

Fordnutz/Scott;

Get your total together and let me know, I will make sure everyone that would like a kit can get one.

Payment Sent…

Well, since you asked, either mine has faded alot in the last 43 years or yours appear to be too dark. The buryl pattern is a little hard to see also. Are they worth the money? Hell yeah. The quality seems to be there, and once you have them installed who’s going to know outside of an hard core G person. I think for the most part they’ll be just fine. Nice job.

scott please check your email address racing against cancer.thanks,mike