Search the database?

So general insults are okay then? For example: “Oh, you ALL suck!!” :buck:

So general insults are okay then? For example: “Oh, you ALL suck!!” > :buck:

Oh No!

Don’t say that. :naughty:

You’ll get a “board warning” from on-high. :laughing:

Can you tell how many owners, and any other good information? Possibly if my mileage may be correct or not?
Thank you,
Ron

Hi Ron,

That is one of the benefits of the various Registries - putting current owners in touch with past owners, and helping to sort out questions of originality and mileage.

That being said, the Registries only have information that has been submitted or culled from the internet. So your car may or may not be included in the database. When you send your inquiry, please include as much information as possible about your car, its known history, and its current status. At the very least that will start a history trail for future owners.

I’m not sure if you have found the contact information for the Cougar Club of America yet. Here is a link to the Registry page: Cougar Club of America - Cougar National Database

Good luck, and keep us posted on what you learn - we all love a good Cougar story!

Hi,
I was wondering if you could search for my Cougar living in the U.K. To see if you have a record of it please?
VIN 8F91F543494

MANY THANKS

First: can you tell me if 9F92H546302 has resurfaced? my old Tammy Wynette Cougar 1969? If so I have something to offer the current owner.
secondly, still looking for my first 1968 XR-7 color I lime frost. Interior 6G Dk Ivy gold. White vinyl roof. I do not have vin. DSO probably was 16 Philadelphia, Pa. I do not have the VIN…

EDIT. I added the CCCGallery code. The tag 288|196|2178.jpg is the address of the image, the [CCCGallery][/CCCGallery] code tells the computer to go look for it and to display it.

1234231_10204450781537709_4719733693567794139_n.jpg

Normal4norfolk, I sent a message to Phil Parcells (Cougar Database Registrar), and he confirmed that 8F91F543494 is in the database. It was reported in 1996 as residing in the UK in Petersborough, England.

I just bought a 1967 Cougar XR7. Vin 7F91A545236. The engine seems very fresh, looks like the correct 289 per the VIN. Where can I find a cross reference between the vehicle VIN and the engine serial numbers?
Also, it has a Ford C4 trans in it. Runs fine. Is this the correct trans for the car, or is it a later addition/improvement?

It has some stock valve covers painted (poorly) Ford blue. But in the trunk there is a pair of Ford Motorsports valve covers. Which is correct for the Xr7?

The VIN shows an A code for the 289 4V. In 1967 engines were not VIN stamped. There is no engine serial number to find. The casting number should be a C7. The C4 was the standard transmission for the car. The XR-7 had painted steel valve covers unless the car was a Dan Gurney Special, then they would have been chromed. A Marti Report is a great way to find out exactly how the car was originally spec’ed out.

I just bought a 67 Cougar. Uncertain if its XR7 or not. Some badges say so, but dashboard is baseline, not full instruments. So not sure. Is my car in the registry? VIN 7F91A545236. I saw a reference to a Marti Sheet. How do I get one for this car? Without getting hyper-anal about it, I want to restore it to original configuration, including putting badges back where they were, and rechromed strips back where they were.

Your VIN indicates you have a standard 67 Cougar with a 289 4V. Go to www.martiauto.com for a Marti Report.

By the vin you posted your Cougar is not an XR7.
7F91 breaks down like this:
7- 1967
F- Dearborn Assy Plant.
91- Standard/Base

An XR7 vin would begin with 7F93
7- 1967
F- Dearborn Assy Plant.
93- XR7

There are many differences between a standard and an XR7. They really are two completely different models. It’s easier to add XR7 emblems to a standard Cougar than changing everything else to pass as an XR7.
I hope this helps.
Steven

Hi
I just bought a 1968 XR7 on ebay. The VIN should be: 8F93F520441 and the seller says the doortag reads: 65B 6M 8F 28M 42 5 W. Does that make any sence to you guys? I can tell it should be a 1968 XR7 with a 302 2V engine made in Dearborn - am I right? But what does the rest mean?
Thanks
Rasmus
Denmark

Already had this one decode as a friend was looking at it.

65B- XR7 Hardtop
6m- white & beige would have been tutone or vinyl top
8F- saddle interior
28 M - December 28
42- St Louis, MO
5- 3.00 non locking
w- C4

Interesting! I ordered a marti rapport on it. It must have been one of the very last 68’s made? Or did they continue with the 68 model into 1969?

12/28/1967

Ah - ok. So they made 20.000+ 68’s in 1967?

At the Dearborn factory. They were also built in the San Jose plant. Each model year production starts some time in August. But sub-assemblies start before the cars are put together.