setting camber on a '69

I have a '69 428 car and I need to adjust the camber so I can drive it to the alignment shop. Doesn’t look so bad in the picture but just going down the road it pulls and the tire chips loudly. Nothing on you tube of any help. Anybody ever done a quickie alignment?
Camber.jpg

Many times. You just measure the distances on a car that has been aligned and then use those measurements on the one with all new parts.

This article from Motortrend ( March 25 2015 ) might be of some assistance. It is quite informative and interesting how the basic components of an alignment can be performed ‘at home’ on a level surface with basic tools, and at a relatively low cost ( esp. given that a lot of alignment shops today will have trouble with an older car, even having trouble finding the specifications ) required to perform the adjustments !

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/1503-how-to-set-the-alignment-on-1967-1973-ford-mustangs/

Agree with GAH - probably have to do it yourself but may find an old shop still able to do it. Back in '79, I bought a “Lifetime” alignment package for my '69 from Sears for $79 - a lot of money for a kid just entering college back then. But…I always snickered every time I used it - they probably thought I would never own the car that long. My glee came to an end a few years back when they tried to align but couldn’t due to their equipment.

I ended up doing the measurement thing…

Best of luck!

Doing it yourself is not overly hard. Its help fuel to have a couple of tools along the way and you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself and customizing to your needs. Most modern shops wont mess with an classic so you would need to find a place that still does it which can be hard to find these days.

I use this tool and a couple heavy plastic trash bags as turn plates however I might splurge on a set of actual plates to make it easier in the future.

https://www.longacreracing.com/products.aspx?itemid=2446&prodid=7252&pagetitle=Digital-C%2fC-Gauge-w-AccuLevel%e2%84%a2-and-Quick-Set%e2%84%a2-Adapter