Shopping List suggestions- Anyone using Skip White NKB heads?

I’m shopping for a partial engine update and will be converting my 2V to a dual plane4 barrel and some high flow NKB heads, which flow at 245 at 500 lift. Any cam suggestions? I was thinking 223/230 and 496/520 hydraulic flat tappet using a 600 or 650 carb - knowledgable input welcome as well as sh!t talk as long as it’s funny .

So , after a bit of research I’ve narrowed the can down to a Comp XE 262H with 218/224 duration and 493/500 lift with 110 LS or the Howard’s 210991-08 with 220/220 duration and 543/543 lift at 108 LS . 600 CFM carb and Wieland intake to round it out . Let me know if anyone knows better , if anyone is here that is :smile:

What is your car? Auto or man? Rear gear?
“If it doesn’t cackle like a Pro Mod….you have the wrong cam”

67 Base 4 speed 289 - heads are in stock and have been ordered :grin:. Going with a Howards 215/223 475/495 112 LA cam . Should be fun !

I looked at the heads. Did you get the upgraded springs? The ones that come with it are only good for 530 lift.
I wanted sone for a 351w, but I don’t think the heads are drilled for the larger bolts.

They have arrived and look pretty nice ! No upgraded springs as I called them with my cam info and they said no need - I’m only looking to make power up to .500 lift (flow numbers seem to like 450-500)

Friendly reminder- you will need to measure for push rods, and get some roller rocker arms. Also, even with the 4 speed, you may end up needing to change the rear gear, to go with your new power band.
And I would highly recommend you have a machine shop verify the valve spring installed height, and coil bind.

Thanks ! Going to go with a Elgin combo as I have had good luck with their stuff on my last 3 builds and they are North American :+1:

I’m not familiar with Skip White. It appears they assemble heads cast and machined by others. Who makes the casting they use?