Sierra Lincoln Mercry

All, my ‘67 is about to hit the roads for break in and light road duty. My vehicle was purchased new from Sierra Lincoln Mercury in Reno NV.

To that end, I would like to acquire (if Sierra ever had them) a license plate bracket.

Given the immense knowledge base in the group, is any info out there?

Even a photo would be appreciated, so I could have one made up.

Thanks

Ron

Check to see if Reno has a historical society. If they do contact them as they may be able to tell you more about the dealership and what kind of things they had.

Randy Goodling

CCOA #95

There was quite a long discussion on this forum about license plate frames. IIRC Don Rush at West Coast Classic Cougars had a contact who made reproduction dealer plate frames. A quick search on the forum would probably give you the information you need.

I personally found some old local dealer frames on eBay.

Here is the thread. I ordered two for Hernandez Hayward, but found they don’t have the bottom bolt holes needed for the front bracket on a 70.

Thanks for the responses. I have been following Ebay, and attempted to contact the Reno Historical Society. It’s basically closed until December for a two year renovation/remodel.

I do not know if Sierra LM supplied a bracket.

Best

Ron

If you are on facebook there might be some sort of Reno hometown page.

Randy Goodling

CCOA #95

I don’t do Facebook.

I contacted an autoparts store in a wild a_ _ guess. Very interesting conversation not entirely related to my search. He suggested a Ford dealer who in turn recommended a restoration shop. I’m waiting for a possible response as they have a part time employee who worked for a Ford garage 27 years. Long shot….

Sierra Lincoln - Mercury went out of business 15 +/- years ago.

Also checked with several junk yards. Put a part request on Auto-parts.com. Not holding my breath here.

Thanks

Ron