Sigh, headers for stock linkage 67

So, my 69 has been converted to a T5, and it has a hydraulic set up. My 68, has been converted to a T5, and it has a cable set up. My 70, has the stock C linkage, and a factory 4 speed. So the question I have is, what is the best fit, for a 67, with the factory 4 speed equalizer bar, and stock linkage, VS hyd or cable? I have a mild built 302, ( I used this block because it has the factory pivot mounting hole) with a comp magnum (.500 lift) cam, flotek aluminum heads, that is .030/ .10/.10. This car was a factory 2V 289 C4 car. Nobody cares. I have acquired all the correct pieces to fake it into a factory looking,~ish .I had purchased a pair of the Shelby style tri Y headers, but they are the unequal length style. I have extra exhaust that I want to swap around, so I’m looking for equal length, tri Y style headers. Also, the pipes seem small, with the Shelby ones. Are the shorties that are made now, a viable option? My last recollection is that the shorties tend to dump right into the steering box.

Good question and one I have asked before too for my 68 with zbar linkage. Seems the popular option was the tri y but I have not gone down the road myself so don’t have any first hand experience. I also don’t have the power steering assist ram any longer so that’s at least one less thing in the way

I had the power steering ram welded in when I had the exhaust done, now almost 20 years ago?? I was on leave, between deployments, and the exhaust guy was able to get both my 67 and 69 done in one day and I asked him to tack it in place-I found that it did help with the headers I had at the time. But the direction of the build has changed-