Yes, another wheels thread

onlinetires dot com…funny thing is, every other dealer was able to tell me within 5 minutes that the number was a test…:shrug:, chock it up as a lesson learned.

:devil: Just the wheels. They weren’t smart enough to build a canted valve small block, so they’ll never sway me.

Nostalgia drag replicas are going to be the next big thing. A Cougar dolled up like a Schartman or Nicholson car right now would be fashion forward. Not to mention a style that will last more then 5 years and need a re-do.

But, that’s just my crystal ball opinion. I like race cars. I like street cars that look like race cars. :beerchug:

I like the FORK out of that wheel combo. ^ :dogpile:

Would it look good with red? Are you kidding?

In reference to steelies: You know I’m a land speed nerd. If you’re gonna build a car with 500hp, it’s already saying all it needs to say. And steelies can be speed balanced with a mig welder to 150+mph, whereas those fancy wheels will sling the weights off past about 130ish or so and make you sad.
This is how my brain works… I’m not a fan of chrome or polished wheels. But, it’s your corndog.
Exhibit A:

I like the “I unchecked boxes on the option sheet” look. :gaptooth:

But, I’d put a set of those the yellow car has on there, paint it, and then drive the crap out of it, if’n I was you. :laughing:

Mike,

You witnessed my own hand wringing, wailing and knashing of teeth when it came to wheels/tires choice, so I guess I need not remind you (but will anyway :buck:) that these are very hard things to decide upon. At least they were for me. But, I can honestly say that I made myself happy with my choices.

Thanks Restomod for posting the pic of the AR VN500, I hadnt seen those and they look klassic and sharp. :beerchug:

Trufe. ^ :beerchug:

I’d be happy with my old Craiger SS’s if I could get the front two rims to seal properly. Think sanding on the inner edges would help?

Yeah, I still can’t make up my mind. Maybe I just need to install Photo Chop and play with it.

If my car were going to be a solid color, with no metallics or pearls, I probably would go with steelies. I just don’t think they would look good with the paint, but, If I ever get an E-cat, or build one, it will have steelies.

I am starting to like the look more and more of the Shelby’s. For some reason I like the silver painted center with the polished edges. I am just not crazy about painted TTM’s. The 695 Riddlers look bad ass, and would look even more bad ass on my car when it is in black primer, but just not sure about after I paint it.

Damnit, I had the wheels in my head that I wanted for the longest time. I have actually been waiting on them to make the TTM’s as that is what I had pictured, ass opposed to the TTII’s that loose so much of the spoke to the bulbous rim center. Of course, now that I am finally ready to pull the trigger, I am torn.

http://www.newstalgiawheel.com and http://www.wheelsnext.com/preview-wheels-on-my-car/ both have programs you can load a picture of your car and get a good idea what it will look like.

Yep. I like to use a roloc disc and some kind of sealer or epoxy, depending on the wheel, so you don’t get slow leaks as the rust reforms and advances.

And, of course, now I am intrigued by the Coys C-67, but can’t find a detailed picture of them. All I can find are small ones. I am also really liking the chrome Riddler 695’s, I like the profile of the barrel better than the TTM’s.

These wheels were on a 70 Challenger and I thought they would look good on a Cougar as well until I looked at the cost. The guy had the center spoke inset done in black and they looked really nice. They were 18".

http://www.billetspecialties.com/item.asp?cid=16&scid=29&pid=1012&rdir=1

Thanks for the tip. It would be a for now fix until I can afford the '69 Boss 302 rims. http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com/m5069b302157.html

I wonder if you contacted Coy, they would send you any pic/angle you want? Bet they would…I actually saw the 695’s on a Pontiac wagon once as it came by my restaurant. It looked really good. Took some pics of it with my cell phone but wheel detail was too dark. Of course we are talkin a wagon in original white paint, slammed to the ground, but…

**EDIT:**Kept thinking about that wagon as I got ready for work. The more I think about it, the more I think the wheels on it were Coy C-55’s…

Cool wagon alert.

To me, those look a lot like the Foose Legends with the smooth barrel and soft lip, even the spokes are similar. The price is much better than the Legends. If the backspacing (and any offset if there is any) numbers work, you might have a winner. The only thing about them that did not thrill me was the center caps. And also the Legend has a very deep hub (like nothing I have come across elsewhere thus far). The deep hub gives the wheel a very substantial look to it, they stand off from the disc or drum because of it. I’m talking like at least 3" thick, the lugs disappear into the hub and you pretty much don’t seem them. Center caps? Very flat, slightly convex and take nothing away from the rest of the wheel. Oh, and there is a subtle “star” shaped flat pattern which radiates from the center cap, very unique.

Buy, hey, I am prejudice! Don’t let me sway you, just wanted to give you my observations.

That one for some reason does not show the hub the way mine are, this does:

That is a really cool wagon. It has 20’s I assume, a little big for a Cougar I think, but looks good on the wagon.

Bob, I sorta like the center cap on the Ridler, but hadn’t noticed the difference. And they do look almost identical don’t they?. After looking at the pictures of your car, I don’t think 18’s will look too big at all, and there would still be about 3 1/2 to 4 inches of sidewall anyway. The only thing I am unsure about is the finish. I would really like to find something in polished that looks like the Ridler or the Foose. I am starting to like the smooth barrel much more on them than the TTM. Also, if the hub is thinner on the Ridler wheels, then I would like that better as well. It gives the wheel a little more depth, a deeper dish if you will.

I was looking at this car on the jobsite I was on yesterday, and he has 26" wheels on a mid 70’s Monte Carlo or something of the sort. It was ugly as sin, but I was intrigued to look at the wheels and tires. The tires were a 20 profile, and literally looked like black rubber bands wrapped around a rim, couldn’t have been more than 1.5 inches sidewall. I bet it takes all of 2 seconds to fill the tires from flat to 50 psi.

ok, not that I took a closer look at the grey 695’s, I am starting to really like them. I just think chrome is too blingy for me, So I am thinking either the grey ones, or if I can track down another manufacturer that has something like them in polished.

I know it isn’t a cougar, but it is red and lowered.

Those are a very nice looking wheel, Mike. I think the grey will look just fine with red…but I may be biased…
[album]276[/album]