70 XR7

Here’s the finished pics…just need to form a cover.

Man, that is gonna scream with a modern 5L in it!

So things been a little slow, helping others and waiting on some things to get going. I decided to do a “Partial paint”…so I painted the bottom, inside, engine compartment, trunk and door jams. This way I can install the rearend and front suspension and see if there is any unforeseen work with front and rear fenders and wheel clearances.
I set up a paint booth in the garage and it worked pretty well…spraying clear got cloudy, but worse was the fact that smell went into my neighbors house…not good for the old folks so I won’t do a paint booth again…

Finished installing the Chris Alston G-Bar Coil over rear suspension. Fit is perfect and all pieces are quality…There is a ton of infinite adjustability with this suspension…lots to learn!

awesome man!

That Chris Alston set up looks amazing!!! Nice work.

Today I put together most of the front suspension. I pained the sway bar hardware and will put sway bar in tomorrow…

Here is the steering rack…Everything is either dark gray or black with body being a really dark green…

Put in swaybar today, only to find out I made a mistake when mounting the frame brackets. I welded frame brackets 1 inch too far aft…resulting in lower A arm bushings tilting aft into spring. Hard luck and inexperience on my part I guess…so, looks like a cut out or modify the bracket 1 inch forward. Will figure it out this weekend…bummed.

Today I was able to completely rebuild the A/C & Heater box. Got all the parts from Classic Auto Air, everything fit perfect and is quality for sure. Believe I bought everything from a guy on this forum…CougarRon?
Will install box, then wire harness then lower dash…it’s true what they say: “The car was built around the A/C box” LOL

So, it’s been awhile, got busy with other cars, work etc…but mostly it seems as I go along, some things go ok, some things need to re think…also, waiting for shipping, brake kits etc…needed to put holes in axles to get socket onto nuts to retain axles…it goes on and on…but still making good progress. Got car off of rotisserie.
I got dash in so I could route computer harness and power distribution box, Brake and clutch pedal, steering column and completed steering linkages.
Todays big milestone was I finally found some old wheels that would fit (barely), and got car on it’s own feet…now can roll into paint booth.

car is lower than I thought it would be, hard to tell in picture…

Rectangle near battery area is where I will be mounting computer, mount in cowl did not work out due to harness. harness will now tuck nicely under fender and go in under AC box. Battery will be in trunk.

Computer installed in battery area, will be perfect for wire harness from engine to computer, then to chassis under dash.

My axles did not have the 1" hole for a socket to secure backing plate nuts. You have to ask for holes when ordering…oh well. I took them to machine shop and drilled them out no problem.

The lower dash is in, pedals, AC box. So I could route computer harness and Power Distribution Box, including harness to electronic gas pedal. Everything barely fits, after some small mods to gas pedal…LOL

Axle after I drilled access hole…sorry blurry.

looking nice, was wondering what happened to you the other day!

I finally got my TKO and started working on it this past weekend and picked up the engine from the builder too.

I got all my trans stuff also, from same place as you, Modern Driveline, they pretty good over there. I got the TKO 600. Your motor looks good, will be a nice Cougar when you’re done!

Man, your car is coming along nicely!