Canadian GT-E Found

Okay Jim, how about this. Of the 274 accounted for cars how many are known to be gone?

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

I have submitted 3 GT-E’s to the data base. 1 dead, 1 likely dead, and one living.

A guy I know shared a GT-E door tag with me. He found it in the 1970’s, in a wrecking yard in SoCal over 30 years prior. He said it was the real deal, and that he had gotten a few parts off of it.

Copied a VIN number from a set of C8AE-6090-J cylinder heads. Presumed dead?

The other one was the Berry car, and it went to Sweden.

Cathouse (aka Randy) :slight_smile: known to be gone = 11.
Jim

Thanks Jim, I would have thought that number would have been higher. Okay, now how about this. I know that you have a standard to determine if a VIN can be added to the registry as “accounted for”. Of the accounted for cars how many of them still physically exist? Anything from a bare body shell that would require a rebody to a full bore 100 point show car.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Randy – I don’t know the answer to that question. There are GT-Es that I have physical evidence of their existence, but no knowledge of where they are, if they still exist, much less whether they are viable.
Jim

Okay Jim, how about this. Of the accounted for cars how many have you verified to still exist? Anything from a parts car bare body shell to show car.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Although I think it is useless information, the answer is 177; and with this, I’m thru with 20 questions.

Your situation and “the” situation makes perfect sense, Jim. This is all a part of why the registry is restricted publicly, I’m sure…

Jim, thank you for the answer. I’m not sure that I would agree that the information is useless though. Part of the purpose of a registry is to inform others about the registry subject matter. How many are still known to exist would be a piece of that information. It helps to show others how rare, or common, something is. If, for example, someone were to ask how many were painted code (X) with interior code(X) and how many are registered that would be something that could be released. Provided of course that the registrar has such information. Releasing this type of information would not compromise the integrity of a registry. Now if a registrar were asked to release the name and personal contact information for the owner of VIN XXXXXXXXXX I can understand, and would fully back, the registrar not releasing such information.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Randy – Since your latest post here you and I (and Brian Aust and I) have exchanged PMs regarding this issue. At this point I don’t believe anything further is to be said, and I appreciate both yours’ and Brian’s understanding in the matter.

Well, there is always the option of non-registrars posting information that is already public knowledge. i.e. anything you can glean from “for sale” ads or other locations on the internet. Similar to my posts in the Eliminator section, gathering info about individual cars and posting it in a single thread. I know alot of the GTE sales get posted and discussed in the “for sale” section, but then when they come up again folks have to dig around or request details from the Registrar, rehashing the info.

There is a substantial amount of information about the GT-E population posted on the Registry site.

http://gte.mercurycougarregistry.com/production/

This one owner car just changed hands for the first time ever and the original owner found “the right guy” to entrust it to. Beautiful time capsule with museum quality original paint. More info and pics to come when the owner gets it cleaned up a little more. Very cool that this car is seeing the light of day again.

Don, can you tell us what state it ended up? Or is it’s new owner also in Canada? Thx.

Yes, the car will stay in Canada and the paint and interior are VERY well preserved. Several race mods need to be reversed and a Scott Fuller exhaust put under it but it should be show ready by this summer! 17k miles has to be the lowest mile one known. Check out the wheels on the trailer.

Bunch of new pictures and videos are posted here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/oorGFAGLfAPR1djp7

The original owner was able to drive it one last time before he passed.

It is cleaning up nice…
53E90AD5-85FA-4D4B-8A83-855AA444C039.jpeg
58C1CBA1-633E-40F9-9CB3-79DD7DA54F01.jpeg
E26ED274-ED47-4BC3-B07E-8E14A6302C90.jpeg
7781CAB7-DEE7-4245-98E3-2D72F1538626.jpeg

Very impressive! I bet the wheels on the trailer are from the car. So cool!!

I really should make arrangements to go look at it, it’s new home is only about 10 miles from me. He’s probably going to want to raid some of my really nice spare parts.

Man thats a cool story!