Canadian GT-E Found

What a rewarding experience. Kim got to reunite the original owner with his recently refreshed race car.

That is freeking awesome!!!

That’s really heart warming. Great job Kim!

Oh man, that is so friggin’ cool!

That is fantastic Kim, you must have really made Jack’s day/year! I’m glad that you were able to find the starter delay relay in his basement, thank goodness it was still there after all these years. I look forward to getting the two Canadian delivered R-code GT-E’s together soon.

thanks guys.Jack did not know that we were coming to town. a couple of jacks lifelong friends chris and dave knew we were coming and set it up so we could park the car in daves shop. chris then went to pickup jack for lunch and told jack “lets grab dave too” in the meantime about 6 or 7 of jacks friends showed up . jack is a man of few words so when they showed up at the shop door he said something like “what the hells goin on here” then he started smiling and slowly made a trip around the car and came up with with “a little cleaner than last time i saw it”

so jack and i went for a 20 minute drive and he didnt say much but he had a smile on his face. we all went for lunch and after that jack let me go through his dimly lit basement. he said “its a mess, you wont find nothin down there. im gonna watch football” so after about an hour i came up with a few spare cougar parts and a few more things like full 50 year old cans of quaker state 40w motor oil, 16 bent pushrods, isky parts in boxes. the over the top pc was the starter delay relay which was on a bench under about 2 ft of misc household stuff! then went upstairs and jack gave me 12 of his drag racing trophies. he had a lot. the car with jack at the wheel were consistent winners running 12.50s back in the day.

spent the rest of the day and the next day hangin around with jack and his many friends before heading home. special thanks to chris for setting all this up and being our tour guide in powell river ( we went on some garage tours while we were there. there is a lot of amazing talent in this small town ) thanks to dave for letting me park a ford product in his chevy shop! again! and real special thanks to jack for preserving this car and allowing me to be the next caretaker of this piece of history!

Kim,
I really like that you saved the racer and Class marking on the window. Is it still on the drivers window too?

Kim I daresay you might have had a better day than Jack. Treasure the memories and I hope you took lots of pictures.

thanks neil and yes the numbers are on both side windows. they were on the windshield also but for driving they were a little distracting. Also loo was tired of looking through the 99 circles!

royce it was a great day that we will not soon forget. Thanks again for your help when i called you to try and figure out some of the bits about setting up the car. appreciate it. kim

Will try and post more pics soon if i can figure it out

Wonderful way to wrap up this story. Really looking forward to seeing this car in person sometime soon. Great job, Kim!

Kim
This certainly is a story we need to feature in ATSOTC Magazine. I hope you have been working on your thoughts and original stories.

Beautiful car. Amazing story and history.

www.CougarClub.org
:paw_prints:

thanks jeff. I still have a few things to work on. One being the transmission which shifts a bit funky sometimes and the car has temporary exhaust on it. waiting on a scott fuller system

Yes gavin, i am working on it. I am not much of a writer so it takes me a bit to figure out how to put things in words. thanks kim

Kim, don’t forget that Heather and I offered to help you put together a story, when things calmed down a bit and we had some free time.

Ok thanks Scott

Hi all. Just thought i would post a few pics of some of the racing memorabilia from Jack’s old GTE. Kim…might be a few posts. i dont know what i’m doing

That’s awesome :slight_smile:

Cool things Kim. Thanks for shareing.

That modified oil pan is cool. Did Jack make that by hand?