Detailing the Engine Compartment.

Detailing the Engine Compartment.
Any suggestions?
The missing Smog setup i will install next weeks.
Blue is a special mixed colour taken from a low milage survivor.
It fits 99,9%
The Export brace is wrong i know but the original ones are to tiny
for these engine in my oppinion.
Looking for a correct Air Cleaner.

Thanks
Joe

Plenty of vendors out there that have the correct air cleaner, blue bottom plate, shocks wrong color, master cylinder cover is not chrome, black with sliver and red decal, couldn’t tell if PS pump was correct color. Get rid of the “caution fan” decal. Autolite battery needed #27. Wrong oil cap on valve cover. Rubber smog hose a passenger valve cover should be blue, along with the fitting.

Also missing the clips for the washer fluid hose across the cowl. Black paint on inner fenders should extend past the splash shield bolt up to the pinch weld. Missing service spec decal on shock tower. Vacuum hoses for headlights don’t appear to have correct green, yellow and white stripes. Wires for pertronix should be shrink wrapped or taped to make the modification less obvious. And for good measure, I’d turn the radiator cap around.

correct air cleaner, blue bottom plate, - will check WCCC
shocks wrong color, - what color is correct?
master cylinder cover is not chrome, black with sliver and red decal, - its zinc plated ?
couldn’t tell if PS pump was correct color. - i know its wrong since its black. whats the correct paint code for the blue one?
Get rid of the “caution fan” decal. - easy fix :wink:
Autolite battery needed #27. - okay
Wrong oil cap on valve cover. - can not locate a correct one?
Rubber smog hose a passenger valve cover should be blue, along with the fitting. - easy fix :wink:

Also missing the clips for the washer fluid hose across the cowl. - easy fix :wink:
Black paint on inner fenders should extend past the splash shield bolt up to the pinch weld. - easy fix :wink: (who can provide a pict please?)
Missing service spec decal on shock tower. - easy fix :wink:
Vacuum hoses for headlights don’t appear to have correct green, yellow and white stripes. - the do have the stripes but underside of the hoses. (should i turn them?)
Wires for pertronix should be shrink wrapped or taped to make the modification less obvious. - oooops :unamused:
And for good measure, I’d turn the radiator cap around. - easy fix :wink:

What is the correct Color for Ignition Coil and Bracket ?
Is the coil correct mounted? Mustard top facing back?
Who can provide a close pict of Carburator return spring and Bracket?

Thank you in advance
Joe

Shocks were semi gloss black.
Master cylinder cover was zinc plated.
PS pump was black if it is a TRW pump, metallic teal blue if a Ford pump.
Oil cap is reproduced by Scott Drake, it has a metal elbow to connect to the air cleaner base.
Windshield washer TEE fitting is incorrect too.
Coil bracket is for a 1970’s pickup truck. You need to find the right one some place.
Here’s the return spring and bracket, the carb in the picture is a C9AF-U :

shocks wrong color, - what color is correct? Semi-gloss black

-i know it’s wrong since its black. what’s the correct paint code for the blue one? http://www.npdlink.com/store/?p=catalog&mode=newsearch&search_str=power+steering+pump+paint&parent=1&year=]

Black paint on inner fenders should extend past the splash shield bolt up to the pinch weld. - easy fix :wink: (who can provide a pict please?) I think the paint is correct for 68 unless I’m thinking of a different area then pointed out. In 69 the black went up the fire wall as the vent cowl was removable and that happened mid production.

Is the coil correct mounted? Mustard top facing back? Yes, yellow facing back.

What is the correct Color for Ignition Coil and Bracket ? Phosphate for the bracket and semi-gloss black for the coil

master cylinder cover is not chrome, black with sliver and red decal, - its zinc plated ? Should be yellow zinc, but paint black is also acceptable.

I’m not referring to the cowl panel, only to the inner fender between the hood hinge and the fender flange. His black paint should extend an inch or so toward the windshield until it is basically even with the pinch weld for the cowl. Most people tend to paint the body color down to the lip like the one shown because it is a natural breaking point. I don’t have a 67-68 at the moment and can’t find a good picture.

The thermostat housing should be blue along with the by pass hose and clamps ,from manifold to water pump

Group 27 for the battery is not correct, they didn’t come out until 69. The HD battery for 68 was group 24

Yes correct, group 24, brain fade too much Chemo.

Simple fix, turn the hoses around

Forgot to say the thermostat housing is wrong too. Correct thermostat housing and coil bracket in this picture. Warning - coil is an Accel oil filled unit that can take my MSD 6AL feeding it.

Guys, you are great!
:beerchug:

You are also missing the hood to cowl seal. It goes just under the windshield washer squirter brakets on the cowl. Uses little push pins and goes into the little holes on the cowl. Also, missing is the ground clip from the cowl to the hood. Mounts in the hole in the cowl on the p-side just under the hood to cowl seal. Just under and to the left of the p-side windshield washer squirter.

Thank you guys.
All i need is:

the hose from Oil Cap to Air Cleaner
the correct water neck and
the Ignition coil bracket

please can you help to find it?

Also i am looking for the right pattern laying the ignition wires? it looks like exploded cabbage. :buck:

thank you in advance
joe

Reviving this thread to double check myself. Chrome components for 427 GT-E:

Air cleaner lid
Valve covers
Oil fill cap
Dipstick

Did I miss anything?

Yep…radiator cap is also chrome

Did not know the radiator cap was chrome. Good to know. Where is the best place to buy those… factory correct of course.

Radiator Cap - Chrome - CONCOURS - Repro ~ 1967 - 1971 Mercury Cougar / 1967 - 1971 Ford Mustang ( 1967 Mercury Cougar, 1968 Mercury Cougar, 1969 Mercury Cougar, 1970 Mercury Cougar, 1971 Mercury Cougar, 1967 Ford Mustang, 1968 Ford Mustang, 1969 Ford Mustang, 1970 Ford Mustang, 1971 Ford Mustang ) at West Coast Classic Cougar :: The Definitive 1967 - 1973 Mercury Cougar Parts Source .

I think like the valve covers the only difference is the finish.