GTE Project

Dudes,
Bart has swung a deal to buy the black GTE Marti verified VIN number 8F93W549987. This car was the caretaker of the engine that was original to Bart’s red GTE. Unfortunately this GTE was in a fire and needs ALOT of love. Bart may include his 65 cast number top oiler 427 in the package and offer it for sale. Not sure if the engine to this car is lurking somewhere.

All in all Bart intends to reinstall this engine in his car and bring it closer to showroom condition. How often is an owner lucky enough to find the VIN stamped motor original to a car decades later!! This is so cool and many thanks to Jim Pinkerton for having a line on where this motor and car were. Without his extensive research and notes, this would have never happened.

Thanks JIM!!! Of course you want to help me complete this engine swap!!!

Rob

Rob and Bart –

I’m always more than happy to give you any hand you might need on the GT-E(s).

Jim

Well at least it still has the upper console.

Hopefully someone will buy that one and fix it too.

Here is the Marti Report for the Black GTE Bart will have soon.

Huh, no “Performance Vehicle” wording on the door tag?

Not sure if Kevin Marti provides that on his reproduction of a door tag?

Rob

One of the least optioned GT-E XR7 Marti Report I’ve seen. Even opted out of the leather seats.

Still, would be a beautiful car restored. There’s a video on YouTube showing the only onyx black GT-E with saddle leather seats. Stunning car.

That was early XR7-G’s only. Never happened on any GT-E.

Thanks for clarifying Royce, I never knew that.

i printed off the burnt GT E picture. Now I have the before & after on my office wall.

The GTE has not been sold at this time. Bart will let it go for a very fair price if you are up to a challenge. Come with the correct rear end and vin number stamped automatic. She is sad and a real challenge, but still a doable restoration. with the value of these cars it is my opinion that it could be saved without being under water on it. Hope someone saves this car.

Rob

What’s he asking for it?

Price please😎

$7k. Well worth the cushion when done. In fact in my mind, peanuts of the total value of this car restored. Can you do some of the work? A huge cushion in my mind, but who am I…

Rob

Black and tan - beautiful, classy combo…

• Phillip

I think this car needs a proper burial. It’s already been cremated and has way too much bad juju. Time to let it rust in peace.

What kind of title comes with it? Salvage?

Here are some pics of that car before the fire. Really a shame what happened, it was a stunning restoration.

Think we have a line on a clear title. More soon.

Rob