Repro Dealership License Frames

I need a Kumpf since my current car came from there. I’d really love to have a Dick Price LM from Wichita since my first '70 (now long rusted into individual atoms) came from there and my grandfather worked at there for years.

Not a frame, but a trunk badge. All atoms intact.

1 Like

My first 70 came from Dick Price in Wichita too. They had locations on East Kellogg and downtown, and all of my Dad’s new Mercury’s also came from there. Our cars all had the trunk badges, but none of them had license frames. I guess at some point they might have had them, but they weren’t using them in 1964, 1970, and 1977. Their trunk badges were all chrome in the 60’s and without the wood grain middle.

I had searched before on eBay for anything from the dealer on my Marti Report but never found anything. This thread reminded me and I realized I haven’t looked in a long time so I tried again.
JACKPOT!

It’s currently on the way to me. Thanks again for reminding me to check eBay again.

Sierra Lincoln Mercury in Fullerton, CA. What happened to that dealership?

Don’t have a Cougar from them. But, neat picture.

Great chance your father might have met my grandfather. He was at the East Kellogg location for many years in the '60s and '70s. I have a trunk badge on my current car in his honor so I could really confuse people if I added a Kumpf license plate holder too :wink:

Score! Glad we prompted you!

Look what arrived today. I used some metal polish and magnetic tape installed on the back, and now I can display it for cruises or shows along with my bumper sticker and 68 plate.

1 Like

That looks sharp! Usually they look pretty tired and are best suited for a tool box.

Looks awesome - nice find! Love the bumper sticker and 68 plate too!

Not mine, I thought y’all would find this one interesting. Phil

https://denver.craigslist.org/pts/d/denver-lincoln-mercury-vintage/7293376069.html

Here’s the artwork for the first one, I like it!

1 Like

Don, do you have a list of plate frames that people are interested in? Maybe there is a way that we can share the setup costs between those that are interested.
I am interested in getting a nice E.A. Mock and Sons Eugene, OR. Anyone else want one of those?

I love this site! I never knew there was a Sunland L/M until bern’s68’s post. Immediately went on my “must have” list b/c I live in Sunland, CA! Then the next day here comes Phil’s posting of the CL ad and lo and behold there’s a Sunland dealer emblem! Score! Also love the idea of magnetic tape for show…BTW the guy with the emblems is really cool - totally into Mercurys and used to build AFX Comets.
Thanks, guys!

Here’s the next one!

The next…

Those all look fantastic!

Found this on eBay, but not sure it’s period correct for Cougar’s debut. Maybe someone here knows…
Principal Motors.jpg

Maybe!