Repro Dealership License Frames

Well shoot I also need to be searching more often!

Score…

For my GT. Plus I found two separate keychain fobs from Stu Evans…Sheesh.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-Plastic-Car-License-Plate-Frame-Stu-Evans-Michigan-Metro-Detroit/373463392625?hash=item56f4272171:g:zl0AAOSwappgLGQl

Brad just sent me this customized Dave White Ford license plate frame. This is the Clay City, IN dealership where I bought my '68 Cougar in 1973. The locals around here will get a kick outta seeing this beautiful piece surrounding my original '68 Indiana license plate! :slight_smile:

Those Look NOS! Here’s the first he did for me.

Does anyone have a pic for MY SELLING DEALER?
53B237
WES GROZ INC
1833 SOLANO AVE
VALLEJO CA 94594

This is on eBay right now.

Cheers, Id love to see an old photo of the dealership.

Man Don, that is su-weeet! If you’ll note, Brad actually flipped mine upside down due to the design of the 1968 Indiana plate.

2 more completed

Very Nice!!! These are definitely well worth the money.

I’m searching for a Park Lincoln Mercury frame from the Detroit, Michigan area. If anyone has one for sale, PM me.

Does anyone have ANY PA tags?

If you are looking for a license plate frame from a PA dealership good luck. I doubt that you will find many, if any. Back in the day PA state inspection frowned on a frame around the license plate. The frame often would cover at least a section of the corner where the owner was to place the state issued registration tag. This made it much harder for a police officer behind the car to tell if the registration was up to date. Some state inspection mechanics would fail a vehicle for state inspection if a frame was around the license plate.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

I don’t think dealers in the New York or the Northeast area used plate frames in the 60’s to early 70’s. they usually put there dealer emblem on the back of the car.
The repro frames look really nice.

Does anyone know what they used at a dealership known as Dunham’s in Roswell New Mexico in 1967? Maybe a sign photo or ad is available to have a custom frame made.

I think you’ll find the dealers name was Durhams. You should order your Marti report.
Phil
durham.JPG

You are correct, it is Durhams. That is what my Marti report says. I read it wrong off my ebay search list when I was making the post.

no prob!

Wyatt Lincoln-Mercury in Cleveland Oh had paint on their showroom window (in the 60s) claiming #1 seller of Cougars in Ohio???

Don, have you done Paps Lincoln Mercury in Sunnyvale, CA?
Thinking of ordering but wanted to check and see if the artwork had already been done by chance.
Willing to share if it hasn’t been.

Thanks, Brian

Don, I just ordered my plate frame for Paps Lincoln Mercury.

Added a note that it was OK to share my artwork with WCCC.

Thanks, Brian