Show us your diecast Cougar!

Are those PUMA tennis shoes he’s wearing!?

Ha! The chrome trim on the hood is quit misshapen. I’m surprised at the difference in quality between the two Sunstar cars. The street version is quite bad in comparison.

Anyway, I went to the Tristate Swap Meet in Denver this past weekend, and while I didn’t score anything for the Cougar, I did pick up these two Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars.

Had this one for quite some time!!

I’ve seen several of this same car, but with a different paint job:

They call it a '68, but they forgot the side markers.

Starting to put some of the diecast together. There is another case to the left that will contain the 68’s

Just built a display for my 69 and 70 1:18th diecast

Wow!

There is a seller in the UK that sometimes offers this Cougar along with a copy of a James Bond type magazine that has the Cougar on the cover.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

You can find a 1967 resin conversion kit. They show up on ebay from time to time usually in the $40 range plus shipping. You will need to use one of the newer 1969 kits for some of the parts to complete the model.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

In case you haven’t seen them, I helped put together some special edition CCOA die cast Cougars in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the '68s.

They came out really nice - you can order them here: Cougar Club Store

Not a diecast, but still pretty cool I think…

^^^ those tin Bump’ N Go’s are fun - and you’ve got the box which is really cool.

• Phillip

Yeah…that, and a little '70 Eliminator diecast car are the only “action models” I have. I didn’t post a pic of the Eliminator because all these other collections just blow me away. Can’t compete… :open_mouth:

So the 70 Eliminator you have is an “action model”? What does it do? I am not placing that toy. A photo would be a big help. Thanks.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

Ha! It’s just a regular diecast like all the rest. Had to tell my wife that it wasn’t a “toy”, it is an “action model”. Sort of like how “action figures” aren’t “dolls”…

Okay so I understand now the “action model” part. I am still not sure what diecast you have of a 70 Eliminator. I know of quite a few 69 Eliminator diecast and I know of a few 70 diecast, but not any 70 Eliminator diecast. Unless you have one of the 1/18th scale 70 Eliminators. Is that what you have? Or something different?

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

It’s actually just a Christmas tree ornament made by Hallmark…

Very nice. That is one that I was not aware of. How many years ago did you get it? What scale is it? Thank you for sharing.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

It has a 2015 date of manufacture on it, but no confirmation of scale. It’s what I would call “normal” size - same as any other small diecast car seen here in the previous posts.

I have one. I would say it is about 1/32 or so. About 2 time the size of a Hot Wheels car. They do show up on Ebay from time to time.