Tragedy in the Cougar Community

This is devastating news. Our thoughts and prayers are with Don and his family. Lets hope for a miracle here.

Please.

Remember and uplift in prayer the driver of the boat and family.

This is going to be a long and difficult ride for everyone involved.

I have not been able to confirm this with Don or Renee, but according to a news report, it was a member of Don’s family that was driving the boat. They made a sudden swerve then tried to correct back the other direction; this flung the tubers being pulled behind the boat into the path of the boat.

The last update I heard, Alek is not expected to make it through the day today.

Horrible and devastating news. So sad and very heartbreaking. Love, prayers and thoughts go out to the Rush family and every family involved. Such a shock to hear. May God and his love comfort all.

Alex was a baby when I went to work for Don at WCCC. I got to watch him grow for several years. He always had a big smile.
My heart go out to Renee and Don.

There is not much that can be said that hasn’t already been said but I pray for the lord to bring great peace and comfort for the Rush family.

An update, tomorrow morning at 5am pacific time Don and Renee will be alongside their son Alek from his room to the operating room where they will remove life-support and be with him. Their prayers are that he will pass within the 2 hour window to proceed with the organ donations. I know many of you have been praying for Don and family, this will probably be one of the hardest days the family will ever know. Please keep them in your prayers and thoughts.

I thought I would post a screen shot of Don’s latest post on FaceBook:

There is nothing I can say that hasn’t already been said here about this tragedy. My only hope is that Don and his family find some comfort knowing so many us care and offer our deepest sympathies.

Thoughts & prayers go out to the Rush family.

I hope that all went as peacefully as possible and that Alek was able to answer the prayers of the many families in need.

What a strong young man -

• Phillip

Condolences , thoughts , and prayers for the Rush family.

I finally got to visit WCCC’s in person last month after years of wanting to do so. My wife and I were very impressed with the facility more so with the visit and seeing the big dogs and one of Dons sons. He commented on our Raptor and was very friendly. Don spent some time with us and gave us tour. Not sure why I’m sharing this except to say we are crushed with sorrow for the Rush family. You can see what a beautiful family business they have grown together. Things will be different going forward for their family. We can only commit to continuing our support as friends to our community and suppliers to our beloved Cougars ! The Cougar hobby would not be the same without these people.
Rest In Peace Alek

I echo the many thoughts and prayers being sent to the Rush family. So sorry to hear of this tragic event.

Rich

Alek passed and is now at home with the Lord, at 6:15 this morning, all went well. Don and Renee thank you so much for the support and prayers.

With recovery not an option, that was the best that could be hoped for. My heart goes out to the Rush family.

I have no words.My heart aches for the Rush family.God Bless

Absolutely heartbreaking.
Thoughts and prayers to the Rush family and all involved.

My thoughts and prayers are with each member of the Rush family. May God provide comfort and peace to the entire family.

Steven

I can’t imagine the loss of a child, my heart goes out to all involved.