Vintage Racing Photos

^^^^ Yep, Bobby Allison the driver. Here’s another oldie for ya :smoke:

Sweet. I like the big cat racers. I’m trying to find pics from the old Yellow River Drag strip, but it seems that nobody wants to share them due to the tragedy that shut it down (Hubert Platt wreck). Also going through old pictures to try and find Dad’s 68, Mom’s Comet GT, and her '71 Cyclone GT.

Couple more oldies :smoke:

Might not be vintage shots but vintage cats all the same :smoke:

Dang young whippersnappers. Why, when I was young, this photo was taken of me during a real race:

How about BME’s Team Cougar. There is also a nice set of rides in the background of the first photo.

Wayne Andrews in the 1969 Bama 400

Steven

This picture looks like coming in to turn 3A at Pacific raceways in Kent Washington.

Wayne Andrews in the 1969 Bama 400

Nice shot Steven, don’t think i’d seen that one :smoke:

Seiichi Suzuki fascinates me.

The prospect of a Japanese driver competing in NASCAR in the late '60s is so unusual. Apparently he spoke little or no english as his pit boards were written in Japanese.

I’m sure there is more info out there on Seiichi - I just haven’t had time to search it out.

Got to be a very interesting story there.

Here’s another:

More Suzuki stuff -

Awesome pictures Philip. I’ll have to do some homework internet reading on Mr. Suzuki.
Steven

Those were the days. Being fed to Lions, slave warriors, vomitoriums. Good times!

this site has a few

http://www.fordmercurycougarxr7.com/pages/DragRacing/Other.html

^^^ All the content on that sight was stolen from other sights.

• Phillip

well, i had recognized a few from WCCC’s hall of shame, and probably the yard.

The picture of my old Dark Green 70 XR-7 at Seattle international raceway is there. Most likely taken from Mercury Cougar (dot) net.
The picture has the number 709 on the windshield. About 28 pictures down.
I don’t know who this site belongs to, but is is full of information. I have to book mark it and look more closely at it when I have some time.

It’s not just scans, he has appropriated webpages in their entirety from other sites.

Browse through his site and you’ll recognize pages taken from the Cougar registries, among others.

I know Phil Parcells has nothing nice to say about him.

• Phillip

One old, some newer :smoke: